Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default vba code to import access query data into excel spreadsheet

Is there a way/code to write that will automatically export data from an
access query into an excel pivot table automatically or at least be able to
update instead of recreate the pivot table each time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not too sure ahat you want. I am assuming that you created the pivot table by
selecting an external data source and browsing to find the database query.
Now all you have to do is to refresh the pivot table and it will repopulate
the pivot cache by re-running the query...What part did you want to automate?
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"TechyTemp" wrote:

Is there a way/code to write that will automatically export data from an
access query into an excel pivot table automatically or at least be able to
update instead of recreate the pivot table each time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have tried creating a pivot table from excel two ways...one: where I
initiate the pivot table wizard - it wants to know how many columns and I
can't get past that point - there aren't any columns to chose. I just want
it to run the query! and two: import external data - and it goes into data
link properties???

Sooooo......I went into access, ran the query and then copy/pasted the
datasheet view into excel and then created a pivot table...a lot of work. On
top of which, when I paste in new data, the pivot table doesn't refresh using
the new data.

Setting up pivot tables in Access seems to be even more daunting so.....

my question.....I was told by someone that you could write code so that the
query results from Access would populate the pivot table. Can that be done?