Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PluckyMo

Default import data from an Access parameter query

I am trying to set up gradebooks for school teachers. I have an Access
parameter query that returns the students in a particular class when the user
enters the class name. I would like to use that query to insert the student
names in an Excel template. I have found multiple examples of how to import
data from Access if I am willing to use a blank database, but I need to
import to a template set up to keep track of grades and absences.

Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PluckyMo

All right, I found out that I can't use a parameter query. I have rewritten
the query so that it is a Select query. I have also figured out how to
recreate the parameter query using MS Query. Everything I want is there, and
everything I don't want is gone.

My new question is this: How do I import only the first three fields of my
query and omit the fourth. I am filtering data by the class that students are
in, but when I put the data in Excel, I don't want to display the name of the
class. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PluckyMo

Well, after using some info from the forums and doing some experimenting, I
finally figured out how to do what I need to do. If anyone was working on a
solution for me, thank you for the effort.