-   -   import data from an Access parameter query (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/82645-import-data-access-parameter-query.html)

PluckyMo

import data from an Access parameter query

I am trying to set up gradebooks for school teachers. I have an Access
parameter query that returns the students in a particular class when the user
enters the class name. I would like to use that query to insert the student
names in an Excel template. I have found multiple examples of how to import
data from Access if I am willing to use a blank database, but I need to
import to a template set up to keep track of grades and absences.

Thank you!

PluckyMo

import data from an Access parameter query

All right, I found out that I can't use a parameter query. I have rewritten
the query so that it is a Select query. I have also figured out how to
recreate the parameter query using MS Query. Everything I want is there, and
everything I don't want is gone.

My new question is this: How do I import only the first three fields of my
query and omit the fourth. I am filtering data by the class that students are
in, but when I put the data in Excel, I don't want to display the name of the
class. Is this possible?

PluckyMo

import data from an Access parameter query

Well, after using some info from the forums and doing some experimenting, I
finally figured out how to do what I need to do. If anyone was working on a
solution for me, thank you for the effort.