Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Workbook addition

Hi,
I am new to VBA Programming.. In my program i need to open some workbooks
between specific dates which i am givin input. The name of the new workbook
should be the date and the contents of the new workbook are same as the
active workbook..
Please help me in creating the new workbook part alone rest all i have done.
If you could provide me some code snippets that would be of much use.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim filePath As String, fileName As String
filePath = "C:\"
fileName = Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs fileName:=filePath & fileName

--
Cheers
Nigel

"srikanth" wrote in message
I am new to VBA Programming.. In my program i need to open some workbooks
between specific dates which i am givin input. The name of the new
workbook
should be the date and the contents of the new workbook are same as the
active workbook..
Please help me in creating the new workbook part alone rest all i have
done.
If you could provide me some code snippets that would be of much use.

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nigel,

Thanks so much for your quick response..
I got it.. Thanks again.. I am very much excited.. thank you

"srikanth" wrote in message
I am new to VBA Programming.. In my program i need to open some workbooks
between specific dates which i am givin input. The name of the new
workbook
should be the date and the contents of the new workbook are same as the
active workbook..
Please help me in creating the new workbook part alone rest all i have
done.
If you could provide me some code snippets that would be of much use.

thanks

cell addition Dave buckus 526 Excel Worksheet Functions 2 July 24th 06 09:11 PM
Addition? Frodo Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 July 22nd 06 01:15 PM
Sum vs. Addition davegb Excel Programming 4 May 19th 06 09:03 PM
addition dali New Users to Excel 1 March 4th 06 06:40 PM
row addition Threshold Excel Worksheet Functions 3 March 17th 05 08:08 PM