Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cell addition

If the cell "d1" containes the formula =a1
how can i make the cell "e1" =a2 with out actualy typing it

EG can the cell "e1" not be "d1+1 - which d1="a1" so it add one
- making e1 = a2 somehow , but it just adds the number 1 to make e1 equal to
6
where it should equal 9 (a2)

a b c d e f
1 5 5 ?
2 9
3
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This seemed to work for me (I assumed you might want to carry the concept a
little further so made my range a1:a10)

=INDEX($A$1:$A$10,COLUMN()-3)

Note, I put this formula in d1 and copied across.
--
Kevin Vaughn

"Dave buckus 526" wrote:

If the cell "d1" containes the formula =a1
how can i make the cell "e1" =a2 with out actualy typing it

EG can the cell "e1" not be "d1+1 - which d1="a1" so it add one
- making e1 = a2 somehow , but it just adds the number 1 to make e1 equal to
6
where it should equal 9 (a2)

a b c d e f
1 5 5 ?
2 9
3

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I assume you want a formula you can copy across to the right horizontally.
You can enter this in E1 and copy to the right:

=OFFSET($A1,COUNT($D1:D1),0)

Hope this helps,

Hutch