Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I create a Formula bar toggle button

I would like to create a button on my custom "standard" toolbar that would
toggle the formula bar on and off. I can't seem to get to that specific
feature by using "add or remove buttons"; Perhaps is there a way to
sendkeys"Alt T,O,F" ?

I would prefer to not have to make a macro for this so security
settings/enabling macros would not be required...

If I have to make the button call this macro...

Sub toggleFormulabar()
If Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False Then
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True
Else
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False

1) Where do I put this so that any spread sheet I open will have this
feature (just like they have my custom toolbars pre-loaded).
2) Can I make it so that any machine that opens one of my spreadsheets from
a network drive will have this feature? Will they have to lower their
security setting? (barring digital signatures and trusting me as a source)

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) Where do I put this so that any spread sheet I open will have this
feature (just like they have my custom toolbars pre-loaded).

Excel 2003:
- right-click in the top menu area (in a blank area, not on a menu)
- a list of all your available menus appears
- select 'Customize'
- select the 'Commands' tab
- select 'View' in the Categories window
- select 'Formula Bar' from the Commands window
- drag 'Formula Bar' to your location of choice on you current menus.
- Close the Command Window.
- Done

This is a toggle.

2) Can I make it so that any machine that opens one of my spreadsheets from
a network drive will have this feature? Will they have to lower their
security setting? (barring digital signatures and trusting me as a source)

Only a macro can affect another user's menus, so.... Yes they will have to
accept your macro in one fashion or another. The good news is, you only have

HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of the
post.

"John Keith" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The good news is, you only have to write a macro once to get the formula bar
up on the Standard Command Bar, send it to the people you want to have the
toggle available to. From then on, the toggle is there until they decide to
get rid of it.