Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default format validation in UserForm textboxes

Hi ,

can any one help me ? I had created the following Userform , with several
textboxes that users would have to key in a $ value.

I managed to get the textbox to display as $0 with the following code

Private Sub txtUT_Change()
Me.txtUT.Value = Format(Me.txtUT.Value, "$###,##0")
End Sub

however, users still can enter text data , which I want to prevent them from
doing so.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

code previously posted by Harald Staff,

Private Sub TextBox_KeyPress(ByVal KeyAscii As MSForms.ReturnInteger)
DecSep = Mid$(Format(1.5, "0.0"), 2, 1)
Select Case KeyAscii
Case 8 To 10, 13, 27 'Control characters
Case 44, 46
If Me.LDecimals 0 And InStr(TextBox.Text, DecSep) = 0 Then
KeyAscii = Asc(DecSep)
Else
Beep
KeyAscii = 0
End If
Case 45
If Me.Negatives And TextBox.SelStart = 0 Then
Else
Beep
KeyAscii = 0
End If