Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro to import a rtf from word into excel - from excel

I have a rtf file which i need to automatically import using a macro
in excel. But i am lost in finding a solution to this.

I would like to open Excel and run the macro this would open the rtf
in word and cut the information and paste it into excel.

is this possible ?

Thanks

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

to get you started........... i saved a word document w/RTF
formatting, then turned on macro recorder in excel & ran it while i
opened the document, copied it & pasted it. the recorded DID NOT
capture opening the word document or copying the data in word - you'll
have to search the newsgroup for info on how to do that (i've seen it
recently).
but when i pasted it it did record

ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Microsoft Word Document Object",
Link:= _
False, DisplayAsIcon:=False

so, like i said, this might get you started. it pasted it as an
embedded object, the formula bar reads =EMBED("Word.Document.8","")
hth
susan

On Feb 1, 11:32 am, wrote:
I have a rtf file which i need to automatically import using a macro
in excel. But i am lost in finding a solution to this.

I would like to open Excel and run the macro this would open the rtf
in word and cut the information and paste it into excel.

is this possible ?

Thanks

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

the automation help file should get you started:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=167223
OFF97: Microsoft Office 97 Automation Help File Available (Q167223)

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260410
OFF2000: Microsoft Office 2000 Automation Help File Available (Q260410)

the 97 version is in the old windows help format. The 2000 version has the
CHM style help file (html type).
Tom Ogilvy

" wrote:

I have a rtf file which i need to automatically import using a macro
in excel. But i am lost in finding a solution to this.

I would like to open Excel and run the macro this would open the rtf
in word and cut the information and paste it into excel.

is this possible ?

Thanks

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is also the RTF control that can load an RTF file. Depends what you
want to do with the file's contents.
Note that due to security features involving unsigned controls, you may run
into problems, although changing the registry can fix it:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838010
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827742

All told maybe more trouble than it's worth.

NickHK

ups.com...