Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AVR AVR is offline

Default Changing the focus in an inactive sheet.

I am working in a workbook with multiple sheets. A change event in sheet A
triggers some manipulations of data and ranges in sheet B. It also changes
the cell selection the next time sheet B is activated. Is there a way to set
the selected cell for the next opening of sheet B, without having it reset
every time sheet B is activated. Ideally, I would like to do it without
sheet B having to "flash" open to the user.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub SetActiveCell()
application.ScreenUpdating = False
set sh = Activesheet
With Worksheets("Sheet B")
.Select
.Range("F9").Select
End with
sh.Activate
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End sub

Tom Ogilvy

"AVR" wrote:

I am working in a workbook with multiple sheets. A change event in sheet A
triggers some manipulations of data and ranges in sheet B. It also changes
the cell selection the next time sheet B is activated. Is there a way to set
the selected cell for the next opening of sheet B, without having it reset
every time sheet B is activated. Ideally, I would like to do it without
sheet B having to "flash" open to the user.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is the change event of Sheet A due to VBA code? If yes, modify the
code to capture Sheet B's ActiveCell address at the start and reselect
said ActiveCell at the end.

Hth,
Merjet