Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating Multiple Graphs in Excel 2003

I am trying to create a graph for each row of a worksheet, by creating
a macro. Using variables, and a FOR, NEXT statement, I can select the
title row and the data row for each row, and rename each chart
produced. But I cannot replace the original selection range with the
variable range "myMultipleRange", in the chart part of the macro. Does
anyone have any idea how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Your posting is vary vague, but I would suggest taking an existing chart,
turn on the macro recorder, then manually change the source data in a similar
fashion to what your are attempting to do programmatically. Then look at the
code and see how you might adapt it to suite your needs.

Tom Ogilvy

"Don" wrote:

I am trying to create a graph for each row of a worksheet, by creating
a macro. Using variables, and a FOR, NEXT statement, I can select the
title row and the data row for each row, and rename each chart
produced. But I cannot replace the original selection range with the
variable range "myMultipleRange", in the chart part of the macro. Does
anyone have any idea how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Post the piece of code you were troubled with.

Not knowing what that looks like, here's code I posted a while back for
creating one pie chart per row of data:

Sub OnePieChartPerRow()

Dim rngChartData As Range

Dim iRowIx As Integer, iRowCt As Integer, iColCt As Integer

Dim oChart As ChartObject

Dim NewSrs As Series

If Not TypeName(Selection) = "Range" Then Exit Sub

Set rngChartData = Selection

iRowCt = rngChartData.Rows.Count

iColCt = rngChartData.Columns.Count

For iRowIx = 2 To iRowCt

Set oChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Add(Top:=25 + (iRowIx - 2) * 200, _

Height:=200, Left:=450, Width:=300)

Set NewSrs = oChart.Chart.SeriesCollection.NewSeries

oChart.Chart.ChartType = xlPie

With oChart.Chart.PlotArea

..Border.LineStyle = xlNone

..Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

End With

With NewSrs

'' Name in first column

..Name = rngChartData.Cells(iRowIx, 1)

..Values = rngChartData.Cells(iRowIx, 2).Resize(1, iColCt - 1)

'' XValues in first row

..XValues = rngChartData.Cells(1, 2).Resize(1, iColCt - 1)

End With

Next

End Sub

- Jon