Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SK SK is offline

Default ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll deosn't work in shared mode, "calculate" doesn't either

have a shared workbook with some fairly intensive calculations
included, so I have the application calculate set to xlmanual as
default.

I have some query tables that the workbook then does some analysis on
and gives out results when the user pushes a button.

All this works fine and perfect when in exclusive mode. However when
share the file I get Error 1004 when ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll is
called and Selection.Calculate does not update the results from the
querytable, even though no errors pop up.

Can someone please tell me what is going on? I can provide code if
that will help.

Cheers,
SK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll deosn't work in shared mode, "calculate"

Do you have any pivottables in the workbook. You can't update or change
pivottables.

Tom Ogilvy

"SK" wrote:

have a shared workbook with some fairly intensive calculations
included, so I have the application calculate set to xlmanual as
default.

I have some query tables that the workbook then does some analysis on
and gives out results when the user pushes a button.

All this works fine and perfect when in exclusive mode. However when
share the file I get Error 1004 when ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll is
called and Selection.Calculate does not update the results from the
querytable, even though no errors pop up.

Can someone please tell me what is going on? I can provide code if
that will help.

Cheers,
SK

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SK SK is offline

Hi Tom,

They are not pivottables, they are quearytables displaying the results
of queries that reside in the access db.

The only soluion i can think of is using (and this may come up against
the same issue anyway) an intermediate workbook that the shared
workbook can reference to and so does not have to deal with updating
query tables. the intermediate can be be made exclusive hence the
query tables in there can update themselves when a VBA function from
the shared workbook tells it to do so. But that solution is rather
big, and I'd rather not do it if I don't have to, especially
considering I have no idea if it will work or not.

out of interest, why can't pivottables be updated in shared mode?