Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll deosn't work in shared mode, "calculate"

Do you have any pivottables in the workbook. You can't update or change
pivottables.

Tom Ogilvy

"SK" wrote:

have a shared workbook with some fairly intensive calculations
included, so I have the application calculate set to xlmanual as
default.

I have some query tables that the workbook then does some analysis on
and gives out results when the user pushes a button.

All this works fine and perfect when in exclusive mode. However when
share the file I get Error 1004 when ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll is
called and Selection.Calculate does not update the results from the
querytable, even though no errors pop up.

Can someone please tell me what is going on? I can provide code if
that will help.

Cheers,
SK