Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jck Jck is offline

Default Help for Excel UDF & its Parameters

I got an Excel UDF (User Defined Function) with parameters.
I wonder how to add & edit help for it and its parameters, so that it can be
used like other Excel build in functions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jck Jck is offline

Just find it from Microsoft KB285337, "there is no way to specify function
descriptions, argument descriptions, or help for Automation Add-in functions
in the Function Wizard." (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285337)
Look like there is no simple way to add & edit help for UDF and its parameter.

Anyway, thanks for the help!!

"Jck" wrote in message
I got an Excel UDF (User Defined Function) with parameters.
I wonder how to add & edit help for it and its parameters, so that it can

be
used like other Excel build in functions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jck

To fully customize your User Defined Functions....

See Laurent Longre's website for FUNCUSTOMIZE add-in.

ZIP file also includes a demo file and a how-to-use file.

http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html

UNFORTUNATELY................Ballon/Screen Tips are not available with Laurent's
method.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP