-   -   Help for Excel UDF & its Parameters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/382195-help-excel-udf-its-parameters.html)

Jck

Help for Excel UDF & its Parameters

I got an Excel UDF (User Defined Function) with parameters.
I wonder how to add & edit help for it and its parameters, so that it can be
used like other Excel build in functions?

NickHK

Help for Excel UDF & its Parameters

Not straight forward, but possible:
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...-a-udf-take-2/

NickHK

"Jck" wrote in message
I got an Excel UDF (User Defined Function) with parameters.
I wonder how to add & edit help for it and its parameters, so that it can

be
used like other Excel build in functions?

Jck

Help for Excel UDF & its Parameters

Just find it from Microsoft KB285337, "there is no way to specify function
descriptions, argument descriptions, or help for Automation Add-in functions
in the Function Wizard." (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285337)
Look like there is no simple way to add & edit help for UDF and its parameter.

Anyway, thanks for the help!!

"Jck" wrote in message
I got an Excel UDF (User Defined Function) with parameters.
I wonder how to add & edit help for it and its parameters, so that it can

be
used like other Excel build in functions?

NickHK

Help for Excel UDF & its Parameters

If you are talking about a normal UDF then my link shows you how.
Not sure with COM add-ins.

NickHK

"Jck" wrote in message
I got an Excel UDF (User Defined Function) with parameters.
I wonder how to add & edit help for it and its parameters, so that it

can
be
used like other Excel build in functions?

Gord Dibben

Help for Excel UDF & its Parameters

Jck

To fully customize your User Defined Functions....

See Laurent Longre's website for FUNCUSTOMIZE add-in.

ZIP file also includes a demo file and a how-to-use file.

http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html

UNFORTUNATELY................Ballon/Screen Tips are not available with Laurent's
method.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP