Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Button Editor in Excel 2007

Greetings,

I just upgraded to Excel 2007 and I am adding custom buttons to my
Quick Access Toolbar to run my macros. I noticed that you cannot edit
or create/draw a custom button like previous versions of Excel
allowed. Does anyone know if this feature was taken away in 2007?
Can a button be created in Paint and saved in the same folder where
other the buttons are stored?

Thanks
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know of a way to add a custom face to a QAT button. The best you
can do, as far as I know, is to add a built-in image to a button. You do
that by editing the Excel.qat file that contains you QAT customizations.
The available built-in images can be gotten here. There are thousands so
maybe you can find one that adequately depicts what your macro does

The Excel.qat file is found he

C:\Documents and Settings\<username\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\OFFICE

You'll find a piece added to it for your macro, like this:

<mso:button idQ="x1:test_1" visible="true" label="MyMacro"
onAction="MyMacroSub" /

Add this attribute for your chosen image: imageMso="AccessFormDatasheet"/

Note that changes like this to Excel.qat are not supported by MS and if you
make a change to the QAT from within Excel your edits will be lost. (So
back up your edited QAT.)

--
Jim
oups.com...