Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Window Split and activecell

I have ......

Dim Act_Row
Act_Row .= ActiveCell.Row

when a user used Windows Split the activecell seems to be A1
I can't reproduce this on another sheet.
If I have to, should I turn off Windows Split and then return it after
completion in code?
Any idea of how to get arouind this?
I feel like my erro handling is bad on this one.

Thanks
Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, this isn't clear.
I actually am trying to determine the starting activecell the user is
in when the code starts.
This works with freeze panes but not a split window
Scott
I have ......

Dim Act_Row
Act_Row .= ActiveCell.Row

when a user used Windows Split the activecell seems to be A1
I can't reproduce this on another sheet.
If I have to, should I turn off Windows Split and then return it after
completion in code?
Any idea of how to get arouind this?
I feel like my erro handling is bad on this one.

Thanks
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Scott,
Not sure what you are actually after, but you can test the number of Panes
MsgBox ActiveWindow.Panes.Count
MsgBox ActiveWindow.Panes(1).ScrollRow

ActiveCell.Row is correct irrespective of split windows.

NickHK

"scott d" <please no email wrote in message
Sorry, this isn't clear.
I actually am trying to determine the starting activecell the user is
in when the code starts.
This works with freeze panes but not a split window
Scott
I have ......

Dim Act_Row
Act_Row .= ActiveCell.Row

when a user used Windows Split the activecell seems to be A1
I can't reproduce this on another sheet.
If I have to, should I turn off Windows Split and then return it after
completion in code?
Any idea of how to get arouind this?
I feel like my erro handling is bad on this one.

Thanks
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not sure what is causing the activecell to be misread.
Nothing fires that I can tell, but if windows split is on it shows A1
as the activecell and freeze panes doesn't have this behavior.
Thanks
scott

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:12:42 +0800, "NickHK"
wrote:

Scott,
Not sure what you are actually after, but you can test the number of Panes
MsgBox ActiveWindow.Panes.Count
MsgBox ActiveWindow.Panes(1).ScrollRow

ActiveCell.Row is correct irrespective of split windows.

NickHK

"scott d" <please no email wrote in message
.. .
Sorry, this isn't clear.
I actually am trying to determine the starting activecell the user is
in when the code starts.
This works with freeze panes but not a split window
Scott
I have ......

Dim Act_Row
Act_Row .= ActiveCell.Row

when a user used Windows Split the activecell seems to be A1
I can't reproduce this on another sheet.
If I have to, should I turn off Windows Split and then return it after
completion in code?
Any idea of how to get arouind this?
I feel like my erro handling is bad on this one.

Thanks
Scott

How do I remove split a split window? Norm New Users to Excel 3 July 19th 08 10:31 PM
split window scindy New Users to Excel 1 March 6th 06 09:26 PM
double window split? MMille Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 5th 05 12:31 AM
Killing the split window RWN Setting up and Configuration of Excel 2 October 9th 05 06:21 AM
Split Window Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Excel Programming 7 August 25th 05 05:39 PM