Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Window Split and activecell

Scott,
Not sure what you are actually after, but you can test the number of Panes
MsgBox ActiveWindow.Panes.Count
MsgBox ActiveWindow.Panes(1).ScrollRow

ActiveCell.Row is correct irrespective of split windows.

NickHK

"scott d" <please no email wrote in message
Sorry, this isn't clear.
I actually am trying to determine the starting activecell the user is
in when the code starts.
This works with freeze panes but not a split window
Scott
I have ......

Dim Act_Row
Act_Row .= ActiveCell.Row

when a user used Windows Split the activecell seems to be A1
I can't reproduce this on another sheet.
If I have to, should I turn off Windows Split and then return it after
completion in code?
Any idea of how to get arouind this?
I feel like my erro handling is bad on this one.

Thanks
Scott