Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Out of Control File Size

Good day. I have a series of worksheets that I have created an application
with and control the logic and functionality through Excel. Why? Cause I have
the software and it does the job - for now.
Well, after designing and developing the application, I noticed that it
continues to slow down in speed with every run I do. To the point now where
clearing out 15-20 cell values takes 1-2 minutes.

I read on the forums that Excel holds onto old values/references or
something, but I don't quite understand it. What I need to ensure is that
everytime I close my xls file, I need it to clear/delete/remove any and all
unused references.

I'll gladly share the file with anyone to see what I've done, simply post
something on here and we can discuss - or send me a msg on MSN Msger
(dawghouseinc).

I'm going crazy with the molasses-like performance. I've cleaned my code,
modulized all common routines in public functions, etc. Any suggestions would
be great.

Components used: Command Buttons, Option Buttons, multi-sheet references,
VBA code on worksheets and 1 module (Module1).

Thanks,
JCH
--
Dawg House Inc.