Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Out of Control File Size

i guess the obvious question is since you didn't post any code, are you turning
screenupdating and calculation off before clearing the cells and then turning it
back on after clearing the cells?

sub example
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'code in module

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Gary

"Dawg House Inc" wrote in message
Just for more information:

Current File Size: 6.46MB
Modules: 1
Sheets: 7 (two are text only)
Command Buttons: 17 each on 4 sheets, 1 on another (each with a call to a
function in Module1
Option Buttons: 14 each on 4 sheets, 6 on another (each with a call to a
function in Module1)
Time Check: 43 seconds to "clear" values in 34 cells (called through a
routine)

--
Dawg House Inc.
"We live in it, therefore, we know it!"

"Dawg House Inc" wrote:

Good day. I have a series of worksheets that I have created an application
with and control the logic and functionality through Excel. Why? Cause I have
the software and it does the job - for now.
Well, after designing and developing the application, I noticed that it
continues to slow down in speed with every run I do. To the point now where
clearing out 15-20 cell values takes 1-2 minutes.

I read on the forums that Excel holds onto old values/references or
something, but I don't quite understand it. What I need to ensure is that
everytime I close my xls file, I need it to clear/delete/remove any and all
unused references.

I'll gladly share the file with anyone to see what I've done, simply post
something on here and we can discuss - or send me a msg on MSN Msger
(dawghouseinc).

I'm going crazy with the molasses-like performance. I've cleaned my code,
modulized all common routines in public functions, etc. Any suggestions would
be great.

Components used: Command Buttons, Option Buttons, multi-sheet references,
VBA code on worksheets and 1 module (Module1).

Thanks,
JCH