Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default distinguishing between cell formula, and the resulting text in cell

Hope I explain this good enough.

Cell A6 has an If-then formula that will show "Send Now" in the cell if
the date in another column matches a certain criteria.

=IF(E7<1,"",IF(E7<=WORKDAY(TODAY(),1,Holidays_2007 ),"SEND NOW",""))
The cell will show SEND NOW if the criteria matches. Otherwise the cell
will have the formula in it, but will look blank.

I'm trying to write a macro that will recognize when the cell shows
Send Now, as opposed to just the formula. Here's a simplified version
of what I want. This doesn't work, but it shows the concept of what I'm
trying to do.

Range("A6").Select 'cell with the
formula in it
If ActiveCell.Value = "Send Now" Then 'How do I write this line
so that SEND NOW is recognized?
Range("L8").Select
ActiveCell.Value = "Send Now"
End If

I've search Help, and other postings here, but can't find the answer.
If you could help, I'd appreciate it very much.
Thanks,
J.O.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default distinguishing between cell formula, and the resulting text in

I appreciate the help of everyone. GEEZ. I didn't see the upper/lower
case problem. Great suggestions. Also, thanks for showing how to write
the code a little cleaner.
Thanks again.
J.O.
Tom Ogilvy wrote:
Missed that you were writing to L8

if lcase(Range("A6")).Value = "send now" then
Range("L8").Value = "Send Now"
else
Range("L8").clearcontents
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

if lcase(Range("A6")).Value = "send now" then
msgbox "Send Now
End if

Don't set the value of the cell with code, or you will overwrite your
formula (unless that is what you want to do).

The test for not send now would be

if Range("A6").Value = "" then

msgbox "don't send now"
End if