Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
excelnut1954 excelnut1954 is offline

Default distinguishing between cell formula, and the resulting text in cell

Hope I explain this good enough.

Cell A6 has an If-then formula that will show "Send Now" in the cell if
the date in another column matches a certain criteria.

=IF(E7<1,"",IF(E7<=WORKDAY(TODAY(),1,Holidays_2007 ),"SEND NOW",""))
The cell will show SEND NOW if the criteria matches. Otherwise the cell
will have the formula in it, but will look blank.

I'm trying to write a macro that will recognize when the cell shows
Send Now, as opposed to just the formula. Here's a simplified version
of what I want. This doesn't work, but it shows the concept of what I'm
trying to do.

Range("A6").Select 'cell with the
formula in it
If ActiveCell.Value = "Send Now" Then 'How do I write this line
so that SEND NOW is recognized?
Range("L8").Select
ActiveCell.Value = "Send Now"
End If

I've search Help, and other postings here, but can't find the answer.
If you could help, I'd appreciate it very much.
Thanks,
J.O.