Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Call up form calendar form VBA

Setup a couple of public variables, and load these variables from within the
form before closing the form down.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Val" wrote in message
I have a macro which filters the data based on two dates. Currently, the
dates must be entered in two cells before running the macro. Macro is then
referring to these two cell values. I'm trying to improve and have the

user
promted to enter start and end dates through the frmCalendar, which I

already
created. Is it possible to program this and save these two variables in

VBA
for future use?

I started with

' Start date variable
Public sDate as Date
' End date variable
Public nDate as Date
MsgBox "Enter Start Date"
frm.Calendar.Show

Getting an error so far. Any idea how to make it work? Thank you.

Val

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What's the name of the userform?

frm.calendar isn't a valid name.

Val wrote:

Hi, Bob

I'm getting "Object Required" error on frm.Calendar.Show line

My working macro is in Module 1, sub OpenCalendar() - Module 2. I set up two
public variables sDate and nDate

Sorry if it's a simple question, I'm new to this.

Thanks a lot.
Val

"Val" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Val Val is offline

Thanks, Dave

It's frmCalendar, I see it now. It opens up finally, but still can't get
those variables to work.

Val

"Val" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's an _initialize event that you can use to populate your calendar--kind of
like:

Option Explicit
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
me.calendar1.value = cdate(sdate)