Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to call a form

Hi

for
2)when a user push a button in a excels sheet
- create a macro e.g.
sub runform()
userform1.show
end sub
and assign the macro to the button

3)when cells(1,1)=cells(1,2)
- put code against the worksheet_change() of the sheet e.g.
if target.address = "$A$1" or target.address = "$B$1" then
if Range("A1").Value = Range("B1").value then
userform1.show
end if
end if
End Sub

4)when a workbook is open
- put code against the workbook_open() procedure e.g.
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
userform1.show
End Sub

if you need further information on implementing any of these please post
back.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"filo666" wrote in message
I made a form but I dont know how to run it;
I need to run it in the following cases

1)when a new workbook is called

2)when a user push a button in a excels sheet

3)when cells(1,1)=cells(1,2)

4)when a workbook is open

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i didn't forget it ... i was leaving it for someone else, but you're welcome
anyway

--
Cheers
JulieD
"filo666" wrote in message
you forgot the must difficult one, when a new workbook is called ( I mean
when you want to start a new workbook I want to call my form) I thougt
about
auto_open, but it works just with workbooks created before no with new
workbooks
I want that when the new workbook button is pushed (or the new option in
the
file menu) my form appears.

tanks.

"filo666" wrote in message
I made a form but I dont know how to run it;
I need to run it in the following cases

1)when a new workbook is called

2)when a user push a button in a excels sheet

3)when cells(1,1)=cells(1,2)

4)when a workbook is open

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Look at Chip Pearson's site on Application Level events

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/appevent.htm

The application level event has an event that fires when a workbook is
created.

Private Sub xlApp_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook)

the xlApp portion would depend on what object was used to instantiate
application level events.

Tom Ogilvy

"filo666" wrote in message
I made a form but I dont know how to run it;
I need to run it in the following cases

1)when a new workbook is called

2)when a user push a button in a excels sheet

3)when cells(1,1)=cells(1,2)

4)when a workbook is open

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

got to make these MVPs work :)

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Charlie" wrote in message
LOL, you left the impossible for the rest of us! When you start a new
workbook you get... a NEW workbook. Empty. Unless I'm mistaken I didn't
think you could start a new workbook and have it automatically pick up
forms,
modules, etc. from another workbook. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the
OP
meant.

"filo666" wrote in message
I made a form but I dont know how to run it;
I need to run it in the following cases

1)when a new workbook is called

2)when a user push a button in a excels sheet

3)when cells(1,1)=cells(1,2)

4)when a workbook is open

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Let me see if I understand; could run a form in a new object just if
previusly I have a workbook with the "Private Sub App_NewWorkbook" event??

this is it???
there in no way of run my form when a user double click the excel's icon???

"Charlie" wrote:

See, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

"filo666" wrote in message
I made a form but I dont know how to run it;
I need to run it in the following cases

1)when a new workbook is called

2)when a user push a button in a excels sheet

3)when cells(1,1)=cells(1,2)

4)when a workbook is open

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It probably is -depending on which Excel icon of course. But this grows into
a "what's theoretically possible" thing and those can get pretty extensive.
Please tell us what this is for and why for a more practical approach.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"filo666" skrev i melding