Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default xlExcel9795 Not Supported in 2007? 2003?

Hi Jamie

Also not working for me this format (also the number is not working)
There is no support anymore for 9597 so i think you have a problem.

But look here how you can use a macro to saveas in 97-2007
http://www.rondebruin.nl/saveas.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Jamie Carper" wrote in message ...
Hi Folks,

I found the constant xlExcel9795 to be in the VBA library for Office 2007
but I get an error when I attempt to use it as a file format property value
in Workbook.SaveAs().

e.g. Workbook.SaveAs FileFormat:=xlExcel9795 FileName:="MyFile.xls"

When I record a macro and manually save the workbook as an Excel 97-2003
format the macro reveals the use of the constant xlExcel8 instead.

Has xlExcel9795 been deprecated if not why am I getting an error?

I was trying to find something common enough between all legacy versions of
Office to programmatically save Office 2007 workbooks to remain downward
compatible. I thought xlExcel9597 would be my ticket. However even when I
attempt to use it in Office 2003, I get an Office Exception.

I have had better success with using no file format for legacy Office
versions (using the default) and then using the constant xlExcel8 when
working in Office 2007.