Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DB DB is offline

Default Corey.....certain cell protection.....

Corey.....a few weeks back you helped me try to stop certain cells from
being protected...............Dec 12th 2006 13.09

I can't quite get it to work.........................

Ive got a large-ish sheet open but only want to allow certain cells to be
able to be alterred............

I seem to be able to either block the whole sheet or else it allows every
cell to be over written...

Dave :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

CWith Unprotected sheet.
Click on the Small Grey Box Above the 1 and to the Left of the A.
This selected ALL cells.
IF you WANT MORE CELLS LOCKED than UNLOCKED ,
Then Format Cells Protection Tick the LOCKED. (UNTICK if MORE are to
be UNLOCKED)
Then Proceed to Select (ALT+ Cell's) all the cells you want UNLOCKED.
Then WHILE cells are Highlighted :
Format Cells Protection UNTICK the LOCKED Checkbox

When you Protect sheet (IE. Tools Protection Protet Sheet)
Tick or Untick what you want to do. (IE Allow Locked Cell to be Protected or
NOT)
See how ya go....
Corey...
Then
"DB" wrote in message
.uk...
Corey.....a few weeks back you helped me try to stop certain cells from
being protected...............Dec 12th 2006 13.09

I can't quite get it to work.........................

Ive got a large-ish sheet open but only want to allow certain cells to be
able to be alterred............

I seem to be able to either block the whole sheet or else it allows every
cell to be over written...

Dave :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DB DB is offline

Nope still not working....can I email you the sheet

All I want to lock is yellowed..

Cheers

Dave :)))

"Corey" wrote in message
CWith Unprotected sheet.
Click on the Small Grey Box Above the 1 and to the Left of the A.
This selected ALL cells.
IF you WANT MORE CELLS LOCKED than UNLOCKED ,
Then Format Cells Protection Tick the LOCKED. (UNTICK if MORE are
to be UNLOCKED)
Then Proceed to Select (ALT+ Cell's) all the cells you want UNLOCKED.
Then WHILE cells are Highlighted :
Format Cells Protection UNTICK the LOCKED Checkbox

When you Protect sheet (IE. Tools Protection Protet Sheet)
Tick or Untick what you want to do. (IE Allow Locked Cell to be Protected
or NOT)
See how ya go....
Corey...
Then
"DB" wrote in message
.uk...
Corey.....a few weeks back you helped me try to stop certain cells from
being protected...............Dec 12th 2006 13.09

I can't quite get it to work.........................

Ive got a large-ish sheet open but only want to allow certain cells to be
able to be alterred............

I seem to be able to either block the whole sheet or else it allows every
cell to be over written...

Dave :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

DB - I'm not Corey; but I have a sheet where some of the cells are locked and
some aren't. Then the sheet is Protected. I choose the cells I want people
to be able to change and Format cells as UNLOCKED. All other cells should be
LOCKED if you don't want them changed. Then Protect the sheet and they will
only be able to change the cells you have made UNLOCKED. HTH.

Bethg

"DB" wrote:

Corey.....a few weeks back you helped me try to stop certain cells from
being protected...............Dec 12th 2006 13.09

I can't quite get it to work.........................

Ive got a large-ish sheet open but only want to allow certain cells to be
able to be alterred............

I seem to be able to either block the whole sheet or else it allows every
cell to be over written...

Dave :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bethb,
I am Corey.
It's nice to me you.... :-)

"DB" wrote:

Corey.....a few weeks back you helped me try to stop certain cells from
being protected...............Dec 12th 2006 13.09

I can't quite get it to work.........................

Ive got a large-ish sheet open but only want to allow certain cells to be
able to be alterred............

I seem to be able to either block the whole sheet or else it allows every
cell to be over written...

Dave :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DB DB is offline

Sent it again...

Cheers

Dave :)

"Corey" wrote in message
Bethb,
I am Corey.
It's nice to me you.... :-)

"DB" wrote:

Corey.....a few weeks back you helped me try to stop certain cells from
being protected...............Dec 12th 2006 13.09

I can't quite get it to work.........................

Ive got a large-ish sheet open but only want to allow certain cells to
be
able to be alterred............

I seem to be able to either block the whole sheet or else it allows
every
cell to be over written...

Dave :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DB DB is offline

Guess What...............Sussed It

I was sort of doing things in the wrong order.......what a pleb!!

I've got it working fine now , everything tha should be locked..is
locked....and anything that I want people to edit can be edited.

Many Many Thanks to All the kind people on this Newsgroup who are so quick
to try and help others out.