Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need Help Formulating a spreadsheet

Hi
Example of spreadsheet

A B
Product Count
1 lemons 9
2 apples 5
3 lemons 12
4 pears 2

I have a spreadsheet with a large amount of products with counts I need to
sort the product that are the same and add up the counts if anyone can give
me a formula it would be great
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

If "lemons" is in C1, try

=Sumif(A1:A4, C1, B1:B4)

"Greg" wrote:

Hi
Example of spreadsheet

A B
Product Count
1 lemons 9
2 apples 5
3 lemons 12
4 pears 2

I have a spreadsheet with a large amount of products with counts I need to
sort the product that are the same and add up the counts if anyone can give
me a formula it would be great

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try a pivot table it will summarize the data for you.

The other was is to sort and use subtotals.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"JMB" wrote:

If "lemons" is in C1, try

=Sumif(A1:A4, C1, B1:B4)

"Greg" wrote:

Hi
Example of spreadsheet

A B
Product Count
1 lemons 9
2 apples 5
3 lemons 12
4 pears 2

I have a spreadsheet with a large amount of products with counts I need to
sort the product that are the same and add up the counts if anyone can give
me a formula it would be great

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For the pivot table:

In the pivot table put product in the row area on the left and count in the
data area (on the right at the bottom) and make sure it says sum of count.

Then it should work.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Greg" wrote:

I need to merge the products and add the counts I could have been me but both
these just sorted my data

"Martin Fishlock" wrote:

Try a pivot table it will summarize the data for you.

The other was is to sort and use subtotals.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"JMB" wrote: