Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default communicating with another program via a network port

I want to send the values from 4 cells in a spreadsheet into another program.
In the other program I can open up a network port and read in these values.
Is this possible to do from visual basic through excel?

Port details: LocalHost, Port Number 4201

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. I am a complete hack at this, but
through the help of message boards like this, I am amazed at what I've been
able to accomplish.

Thanks to everyone!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Chad,
May be use the MS WinSock Control. Probably need to add it from the Userform
ToolboxRight ClickAdditional Controls, set a check mark against that
control.
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...48418&lngWId=1
http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?p=1206876

Or the Winsock API