Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default communicating with another program via a network port

Chad,
May be use the MS WinSock Control. Probably need to add it from the Userform
ToolboxRight ClickAdditional Controls, set a check mark against that
control.
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...48418&lngWId=1
http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?p=1206876

Or the Winsock API
http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/...01131:epsg:sud

NickHK

"Chad" wrote in message
I want to send the values from 4 cells in a spreadsheet into another

program.
In the other program I can open up a network port and read in these

values.
Is this possible to do from visual basic through excel?

Port details: LocalHost, Port Number 4201

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. I am a complete hack at this, but
through the help of message boards like this, I am amazed at what I've

been
able to accomplish.

Thanks to everyone!