Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error when adding a reference to Analysis Toolpak

Hello all,

I'm getting a generic error message when I try to add a reference to
atpvbaen.xls:

http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin/vba_...ence_error.jpg

When I click the help button, help opens up with a completely blank window.
I don't know if it is locked up or the specific help files aren't intalled
or something else.

Anyone have any idea as to what might be going on here?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Conan

The atpvbaen add-in has an extension .XLA not .XLS

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 16:45:48 GMT, "Conan Kelly"
wrote:

Hello all,

I'm getting a generic error message when I try to add a reference to
atpvbaen.xls:

http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin/vba_...ence_error.jpg

When I click the help button, help opens up with a completely blank window.
I don't know if it is locked up or the specific help files aren't intalled
or something else.

Anyone have any idea as to what might be going on here?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gord Dibben,

Look at that! I didn't think of that. It is XLA and not XLS.

But I don't think that is the problem. It shows up as atpvbaen.xls in the
Available References list of the References dialog box. It also reads as
"atpvbaen.xls(ATPVBAEN.XLA)" in Project Explorer of the VBA IDE.

I've been able to add a reference to it in the past.

Do you still think that this is the problem or do you think there is
something else going on here?

Thanks agian for all of your help,

Conan

wrote:

Hello all,

I'm getting a generic error message when I try to add a reference to
atpvbaen.xls:

http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin/vba_...ence_error.jpg

When I click the help button, help opens up with a completely blank
window.
I don't know if it is locked up or the specific help files aren't intalled
or something else.

Anyone have any idea as to what might be going on here?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Conan

Not an expert at this stuff.

Thought maybe the extension might have something but no idea.

Wait for the big guns.

Gord

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:49:09 GMT, "Conan Kelly"
wrote:

Gord Dibben,

Look at that! I didn't think of that. It is XLA and not XLS.

But I don't think that is the problem. It shows up as atpvbaen.xls in the
Available References list of the References dialog box. It also reads as
"atpvbaen.xls(ATPVBAEN.XLA)" in Project Explorer of the VBA IDE.

I've been able to add a reference to it in the past.

Do you still think that this is the problem or do you think there is
something else going on here?

Thanks agian for all of your help,

Conan

.. .

wrote:

Hello all,

I'm getting a generic error message when I try to add a reference to
atpvbaen.xls:

http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin/vba_...ence_error.jpg

When I click the help button, help opens up with a completely blank
window.
I don't know if it is locked up or the specific help files aren't intalled
or something else.

Anyone have any idea as to what might be going on here?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For anyone who is interested,

I found out what the problem is.

I was trying to add this reference to a file that had code in the
Workbook_Open() event. When I was opening this workbook, I was clicking
"Disable Macros" on the Security Warning message because I didn't want the
code to run. Apparently the VBA IDE won't let you add a library reference
(to the add-ins) when macros are disabled.

I wish the error message had more information.

I hope this helps other people,

Conan