Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Conan Kelly Conan Kelly is offline

Default Error when adding a reference to Analysis Toolpak

For anyone who is interested,

I found out what the problem is.

I was trying to add this reference to a file that had code in the
Workbook_Open() event. When I was opening this workbook, I was clicking
"Disable Macros" on the Security Warning message because I didn't want the
code to run. Apparently the VBA IDE won't let you add a library reference
(to the add-ins) when macros are disabled.

I wish the error message had more information.

I hope this helps other people,

Conan

"Conan Kelly" wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm getting a generic error message when I try to add a reference to
atpvbaen.xls:

http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin/vba_...ence_error.jpg

When I click the help button, help opens up with a completely blank
window. I don't know if it is locked up or the specific help files aren't
intalled or something else.

Anyone have any idea as to what might be going on here?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly