Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Suppress popup "Do you really want to save..." after open and immediate close of excel sheets ?

It occurs very often that I open an Excel sheet and do not change anything in that sheet.
Then (after viewing some content) I want close it again. But a message dialog pops up asking me if
I want to save the changes.

I guess that this is the result of embedded macros.

However this is not intuitive and not user friendly.

How do I avoid these kind of popups when no changes took place ?

Markus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is probably caused =by having volatile worksheet functions, such as
=TODAY().

You could get around it, but it could stop it being saved when it should, so
I would just live with it.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Markus Obermayer" wrote in message
It occurs very often that I open an Excel sheet and do not change anything

in that sheet.
Then (after viewing some content) I want close it again. But a message

dialog pops up asking me if
I want to save the changes.

I guess that this is the result of embedded macros.

However this is not intuitive and not user friendly.

How do I avoid these kind of popups when no changes took place ?

Markus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Suppress popup "Do you really want to save..." after open and imme

In my Workbook_BeforeClose method, I have added a line "Saved = True".
That suppresses the message, which can be good in your case, but bad in
the case where a user is expecting that message.

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
If the workbook is actually changed, then not sure you can avoid it.

Perhaps this is only the problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289111/en-us
In Excel 2003 and in Excel 2002, you are prompted to save the changes when
no changes were made

Tom Ogilvy