Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Suppress popup "Do you really want to save..." after open and immediate close of excel sheets ?

It occurs very often that I open an Excel sheet and do not change anything in that sheet.
Then (after viewing some content) I want close it again. But a message dialog pops up asking me if
I want to save the changes.

I guess that this is the result of embedded macros.

However this is not intuitive and not user friendly.

How do I avoid these kind of popups when no changes took place ?

Markus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Suppress popup "Do you really want to save..." after open and imme

If the workbook is actually changed, then not sure you can avoid it.

Perhaps this is only the problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289111/en-us
In Excel 2003 and in Excel 2002, you are prompted to save the changes when
no changes were made

Tom Ogilvy

"Markus Obermayer" wrote:

It occurs very often that I open an Excel sheet and do not change anything in that sheet.
Then (after viewing some content) I want close it again. But a message dialog pops up asking me if
I want to save the changes.

I guess that this is the result of embedded macros.

However this is not intuitive and not user friendly.

How do I avoid these kind of popups when no changes took place ?

Markus

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In my Workbook_BeforeClose method, I have added a line "Saved = True".
That suppresses the message, which can be good in your case, but bad in
the case where a user is expecting that message.