Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Save into different "user's" folder

Try this JohnUK

SigString = "C:\Documents and Settings\" & Environ("username") & _
"\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\Mysig.txt"

Part of this macro
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/signature.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
Hi All,
Can someone help me with this? I am looking for a way to automate a file to
save into different USERs Signatures file (For Outlook)
I know that if it was in Documents I could have used the
€˜Application.DefaultFilePath, but because the Signatures Folder is the
€˜C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures path,
I am stuck (USER being the problem)
Any help greatly appreciated
Regards
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

& Environ("username") &

Not change username

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
Hello Ron,
Thanks for your input.
I have tried:
Activeworkbook.SaveAs FileName:="C:\Documents and Settings\" & Environ & _
"\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\Mysig.xls"
But the 'Environ' is coming up as 'Argument Not Optional'
Any ideas?
John

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
Hi All,
Can someone help me with this? I am looking for a way to automate a file to
save into different USERs Signatures file (For Outlook)
I know that if it was in Documents I could have used the
€˜Application.DefaultFilePath, but because the Signatures Folder is the
€˜C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures path,
I am stuck (USER being the problem)
Any help greatly appreciated
Regards
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi JohnUK

This folder only exist if you add a signature manual in outlook.

You can create the folder if you want if it not exist ?
If you need help with that post back

--

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
I have tried:
Activeworkbook.SaveAs FileName:="C:\Documents and Settings\" &
Environ("username") & _
"\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\Test.xls"
And still it doesnt work. (Came up with a object required runtime error this
time)
Sorry Ron

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

& Environ("username") &

Not change username

--

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
Hi All,
Can someone help me with this? I am looking for a way to automate a file to
save into different USERs Signatures file (For Outlook)
I know that if it was in Documents I could have used the
€˜Application.DefaultFilePath, but because the Signatures Folder is the
€˜C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures path,
I am stuck (USER being the problem)
Any help greatly appreciated
Regards
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,
I have tried a different folder and still no luck.
Keeps saying Object required
The whole code (Just basic):
Sub Macro1()
Activeworkbook.SaveAs FileName:="C:\Documents and Settings\" &
Environ("UserName") & "\Application Data\Microsoft\Test Folder\Mysig.xls"
End Sub
John

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
I have tried:
Activeworkbook.SaveAs FileName:="C:\Documents and Settings\" &
Environ("username") & _
"\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\Test.xls"
And still it doesnt work. (Came up with a object required runtime error this
time)
Sorry Ron

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

& Environ("username") &

Not change username

--

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
Hi All,
Can someone help me with this? I am looking for a way to automate a file to
save into different USERs Signatures file (For Outlook)
I know that if it was in Documents I could have used the
€˜Application.DefaultFilePath, but because the Signatures Folder is the
€˜C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures path,
I am stuck (USER being the problem)
Any help greatly appreciated
Regards
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John

Word don't know what a Activeworkbook is John

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
Sorry Ron (A realy BIG sorry)
I have been trying to do this in Word. Put the code into excel and ran with
no problem.
How come it didnt want to know in Word anyway?
Didnt mean to waste anyones time John.

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
I have tried:
Activeworkbook.SaveAs FileName:="C:\Documents and Settings\" &
Environ("username") & _
"\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\Test.xls"
And still it doesnt work. (Came up with a object required runtime error this
time)
Sorry Ron

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

& Environ("username") &

Not change username

--

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
Hi All,
Can someone help me with this? I am looking for a way to automate a file to
save into different USERs Signatures file (For Outlook)
I know that if it was in Documents I could have used the
€˜Application.DefaultFilePath, but because the Signatures Folder is the
€˜C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures path,
I am stuck (USER being the problem)
Any help greatly appreciated
Regards
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

May I take this opportunity to thank you for all the help
You are welcome John

Have fun with Excel in 2007

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
Ron,
May I take this opportunity to thank you for all the help you have given me
this year and I wish you all the very best for 2007
Kindest regards
John

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
I have tried:
Activeworkbook.SaveAs FileName:="C:\Documents and Settings\" &
Environ("username") & _
"\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\Test.xls"
And still it doesnt work. (Came up with a object required runtime error this
time)
Sorry Ron

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

& Environ("username") &