Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JohnUK JohnUK is offline

Default Save into different "user's" folder

Hi Ron,
I have tried a different folder and still no luck.
Keeps saying Object required
The whole code (Just basic):
Sub Macro1()
Activeworkbook.SaveAs FileName:="C:\Documents and Settings\" &
Environ("UserName") & "\Application Data\Microsoft\Test Folder\Mysig.xls"
End Sub
John

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

hi JohnUK

This folder only exist if you add a signature manual in outlook.

You can create the folder if you want if it not exist ?
If you need help with that post back

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
I have tried:
Activeworkbook.SaveAs FileName:="C:\Documents and Settings\" &
Environ("username") & _
"\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\Test.xls"
And still it doesnt work. (Came up with a object required runtime error this
time)
Sorry Ron

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

& Environ("username") &

Not change username

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
Hello Ron,
Thanks for your input.
I have tried:
Activeworkbook.SaveAs FileName:="C:\Documents and Settings\" & Environ & _
"\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\Mysig.xls"
But the 'Environ' is coming up as 'Argument Not Optional'
Any ideas?
John

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Try this JohnUK

SigString = "C:\Documents and Settings\" & Environ("username") & _
"\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\Mysig.txt"

Part of this macro
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/signature.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"JohnUK" wrote in message ...
Hi All,
Can someone help me with this? I am looking for a way to automate a file to
save into different USERs Signatures file (For Outlook)
I know that if it was in Documents I could have used the
€˜Application.DefaultFilePath, but because the Signatures Folder is the
€˜C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures path,
I am stuck (USER being the problem)
Any help greatly appreciated
Regards
John