Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default how to use .xla -- addin file -- Office 2003?

Well, I did one thing that is making the xla visible - I copied in the
Documents and Settings\me\Application Data\Microsoft\Addins

Now I can see the xla and the function. But what purpose does XLstart serve
for Office 2003 (Excel 2003)?

"Rich" wrote:

Greetings,

I created a user defined VBA function that I want to make available Excel
application wide. So I saved the function in an xla file. In older versions
of Excel I vaguely recall either planting the xla in C:\Program
files...\XLstart, and/or I went to the Addins menu and selected it from
there. This would make the function available in the Macros window, and I
could also access the VB project of the xla from the Visual Basic Editor. I
performed the above tasks, but I can't seem to locate the xla in the VB
project window or see the macro (my function) in the macro window.

What do I need to do so that I can access the function in the xla and also
be able to see/access the xla in the VB project window?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I haven't checked this. My recollection is that you store your default
XL template in XLstart.
That way you can make it so all your XL Worksheets open with a
designated number of Worksheets and will use the print margins you
define in the template.