Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default fourty different spreadsheets with the same macros

I have setup a model spreadsheet with a number of source datas sheets
and a number of results sheets.
I go from the source datas sheets to the results sheets through a
number of macros.

I need to setup 40 different spredsheets all on the same model, on
different industries, thus using 40 different sources datas sheets but
always respecting the same model, and on thus I can which the same
macros.

I obviously can do 40 copy and paste, and change the datas sources,
what I have done.

I thus have the same code on all the 40 spreadsheet, but what if:
.. I change the code on my first spreadsheet to setup a new results
sheet? I will have to ammend the code on the 40 and so other
spreadsheets. Not very convenient to say the least, especially as the
40 could be 120 in the future.
I have vaguely heard about .xla. Is that the solution?
Can anybody help? It would be deeply appreciated as it is the limit of
my abilities on VB...
Kind regards and merry Xmas to everybody
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yep add-ins and xla are exactly what I am looking for,
so I have created a .xla with the macros I want to use,
but I cannot call them from another spreadsheet, why is that?
As I had the same kind of macros in the second spreadsheet, I removed
all the modules, but how to know call them from the .xla??
Thank you
Daniel

On Dec 20, 2:00 pm, John Bundy remove X''''s
wrote:
Have you tried looking at add-in's? They allow you to store macro's in 1
location so you only have to update once. Check a few of these sites out and
let us know if it will work for your situation.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...n+excel+add+in
--
-John
is helpful.

" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

not very convenient, is it? as if you have 120 files you must refer 120
times?
Isn it possible to code something up?
Kind regards
Daniel

On Dec 20, 8:41 pm, John Bundy remove X''''s
wrote:
Yes, you have to set a reference on each file that is to use the function,
but they are automatically updated with the update of the xla file. Very
handy item
--
-John
is helpful.

" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

but you got to manually refer to the add-in in the Microsoft Visual
Basic of the "daughter" spreadsheet, havent you?

On Dec 21, 2:25 pm, John Bundy remove X''''''''s
wrote:
Not sure I understand, but you can put all of the functions/macro's you want
in one .xla file. You only have to reference the Add-in one time on each
computer, it stays until you take it off. On Excel sheet go to Tools-Add-ins
and select browse and find your file.
--
-John
is helpful.