Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel to e-mail, with a twist

I have a spreadsheet that a coordinator populates, basically a work
request for someone in my group. I don't want to e-mail the
spreadsheet or even a page from the spreadsheet; instead I want to
populate the info from different cells into an e-mail as text only.
The e-mail is sent to cell text message and e-mail address, so sending
it as an attachment doesn't do what I want. At the recipient e-mail,
copy the info into excel and have it populate into a different
spreadsheet.

so the process I want looks like:

requestor fills in form with work request info
hits a button, data is extracted to an e-mail message, address and
subject line are contained in the original spreadsheet.

E-mail is received, text is copied & pasted into a write up sheet which
populates cells with the spreadsheet from the text.

I can do everything but convert the info into an e-mail.

suggestions?
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

This might work. Use the Excel spreadsheet as a data source and do a mail
merge to email with fields in a MS-Word doc. The merge will send the word doc
as an embedded text email.

P.
--
Overcome Sales Barriers