Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unique Data ID tags help (average)

To all,

I have a load of data for different locations eg:

B4 at1000°C(1) = 98
B4 at1000°C(2) = 88
B4 at1000°C(3)= 88

C4 at777°C(1)= 23
C4 at777°C(2)= 22

B5 at1000°C(2)= 19

What I want to be able to do is analyse the data id number i.e. C4
at777°C and then average all the data for that location, in this case
( 22 +23)/2. etc. and then give an output of C4 at777°C= 22.5 etc. I
guess that I have to search through the data and create a set of unique
data ids, in this case would be B4 at 1000, C4 at 777, and B5 at 1000,
and then define these as variables and re search through the data to
get the averages? Any Ideas. The number of locations ( data id ) can
change and is not constant.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards

Joseph Crabtree

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

The source data:

the location and temp in column A i.e. B4 at1000°C(1) , and the
value. i.e. 98 in column B.

I have dont have multiple data items in each cell. Just a location and
temperature in column A, and a balue in column B.

Any ideas,

Thanks

Joseph

Jim Thomlinson wrote:
So what exactly does your source data look like? You may be able to use a
pivot table to get exactly what you want including coming up with all of the
unique groupings... Do you have multiple data items in each cell or ???
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson