Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Extracting part of the data from a single Excel cell

I have a column of cells:

ABC-1--2.00---0786759021----33
JYP-1--0.76---0786759021----54
NUJ-1--112.30---0786759021----18

How can I extract the data between "--" and "---" (in the case of the
first cell "2")?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want a formula solution.

=MID(C8,FIND("--",C8)+2,FIND("---",C8)-FIND("--",C8)-2)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"nigelbarham" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a column of cells:

ABC-1--2.00---0786759021----33
JYP-1--0.76---0786759021----54
NUJ-1--112.30---0786759021----18

How can I extract the data between "--" and "---" (in the case of the
first cell "2")?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wow. Your response was so fast, and it worked perfectly! Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One more question. How would I extract the data after "----" (so, in
the case of the first cell, "33")?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just use the same idea presented to work it out.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"nigelbarham" wrote in message
ps.com...
One more question. How would I extract the data after "----" (so, in
the case of the first cell, "33")?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Took a while, but I figured it out. Thanks again!