-   -   Extracting part of the data from a single Excel cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/379538-extracting-part-data-single-excel-cell.html)

nigelbarham

Extracting part of the data from a single Excel cell

I have a column of cells:

ABC-1--2.00---0786759021----33
JYP-1--0.76---0786759021----54
NUJ-1--112.30---0786759021----18

How can I extract the data between "--" and "---" (in the case of the
first cell "2")?

Thanks in advance.

Don Guillett

Extracting part of the data from a single Excel cell

If you want a formula solution.

=MID(C8,FIND("--",C8)+2,FIND("---",C8)-FIND("--",C8)-2)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"nigelbarham" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a column of cells:

ABC-1--2.00---0786759021----33
JYP-1--0.76---0786759021----54
NUJ-1--112.30---0786759021----18

How can I extract the data between "--" and "---" (in the case of the
first cell "2")?

Thanks in advance.

nigelbarham

Extracting part of the data from a single Excel cell

Wow. Your response was so fast, and it worked perfectly! Thanks!

nigelbarham

Extracting part of the data from a single Excel cell

One more question. How would I extract the data after "----" (so, in
the case of the first cell, "33")?

Don Guillett

Extracting part of the data from a single Excel cell

Just use the same idea presented to work it out.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"nigelbarham" wrote in message
ps.com...
One more question. How would I extract the data after "----" (so, in
the case of the first cell, "33")?

nigelbarham

Extracting part of the data from a single Excel cell

Took a while, but I figured it out. Thanks again!

Don Guillett

Extracting part of the data from a single Excel cell

Glad to help.
See how much better it is to figure it out yourself. Post you final
solution.