Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Printing on notepad from excel worksheet... Please Help!!

Hi all,
Is there a way to print a number from excel sheet to notepad file and
not changing the format. For example when I try to print 78E-02 on the
notepad, it prints 0.78.

Secondly, while printing in notepad from VB(excel) for instance -
Print # 1 "Speed of car A ="; VarA
It leaves a blank after = sign.
Print results

Speed of car A = 250

Is there a way of printing the value of the variable without the
space??

Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Riggi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does 78E-02 represent a number? If yes, then specify the format you want to
use.

Print #FileNum, "Speed of car A ="; Format(VarA, "00E-00")
or
Print #FileNum, "Speed of car A ="; Format(VarA, "0.00")

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Using
"Speed of car A ="; VarA
the ";" means print in the next column, the same as you see in the debug
window.
To control the output, build the string yourself :
"Speed of car A =" & VarA

NickHK

ups.com...