Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Web Browser

Hello All, I am trying to find a way to utilize the web browser
workbook. What I want to do is take the web browser built in excel vba
and make it erase all history automatically. In other words i want to
create a dream browser for people who like surfing the net privately at
work far from the snooping IT people. Any suggestions I have the
slightest idea on how to achieve that goal. If you are not fimilar with
the web browser and you think you can help if requested I will send you
some of the vital code or all if needed. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Most firms I know do not allow users to install their own applications so
that would not be possible.

But why would using Opera or firefox actually help?

One thing for Zigball - many firms will not monitor internet usage by using
the internet explorer history - they will monitor at the firewall level. So
while you can cover your tracks on the desktop - the IT chaps will know that
the PC you use has been surfing whatever websites.

If you want privacy - don't use the internet at work!

--
www.alignment-systems.com

"NickHK" wrote:

Why not just use Opera, Firefox or one of the other browsers that are not
tied to the OS, as IE is and as Excel would use.

NickHK

"Zigball" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello All, I am trying to find a way to utilize the web browser
workbook. What I want to do is take the web browser built in excel vba
and make it erase all history automatically. In other words i want to
create a dream browser for people who like surfing the net privately at
work far from the snooping IT people. Any suggestions I have the
slightest idea on how to achieve that goal. If you are not fimilar with
the web browser and you think you can help if requested I will send you
some of the vital code or all if needed. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good Answer I agree, but this is not for me its for someone else. You
are right about the firewall level so maybe I can build a firewall into
the excel web browser. Can this be done?
There has to be a way to mask internet activity. Example trying to play
microsoft internet game suit is there a way to mask that internet
activity?

"NickHK" wrote:

Why not just use Opera, Firefox or one of the other browsers that are not
tied to the OS, as IE is and as Excel would use.

NickHK

ups.com...