Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default finding the location of a group of cells

I have 50,000 rows of 12 values in each column. I am looking for low
outliers, so I use MIN across each row and get the lowest value in each
group of 12 values. From there I calculate the mean, then the SD, and
get a Z score for each row.

My problem is that if cell d4 is the MIN of the 12 values in that row,
I need to know what the values were in C4 and E4, because if C4 is
approximately equal to E4, and the Z score is high, then D4 is an
outlier. In a clinical setting though, it's important that the
previous and subsequent values are approximately equal.

Right now I do this manually. I find the MIN in the group of 12 data
points and copy the three values into seperate rows so That I can apply
formulas to the data. But I know that anytime I have to do that much
manual minipulation of data, I'm doing something wrong.

Any assistance would be appreciated.