Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conversion

dim myCell as range
for each mycell in somerange.cells
mycell.value = cdbl(mycell.value)
next mycell

bodhisatvaofboogie wrote:

I am writing a macro that pulls data from one system into excel then formats
it. One problem I have come across is this:

Some number data that is brought in has the "-" sign at the back, example:
17.25-

I want it to be:
-17.25

What is a VBE line of code to have that cell changed in that manner?

The cells that have those numbers in them end up not being viable for
calculating into a sum total unless I find a way to switch them which ends up
throwing off my final calculations. THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

--

Dave Peterson