Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Security Settings and C#

Matt,

Try setting a reference to an xla (an Excel Add-in file) within your project, and store the xla in
the same directory as your program. Install the xla programatically. See

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/DistributeMacro00.htm

for more info.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Matt Hartzell" wrote in message
Thanks for your ressponse.

This could work. I think the problem here is that we are attempting to use
Excel as part of a reporting solution, so we would have numerous .xls files
for different reporting purposes. In the event that we need to keep the
macros in the Excel file, are there any other solutions?

I've read up on some of the ideas about creating certificates, but it seems
like there is no good way to install them automatically. We want the
embedded Excel spreadsheet to be seamless with our app. We'd like the user
to be able to open an embedded Excel report without having to do any clicking
through security dialogs or certificate installations.

Anymore thoughts?

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Matt,

Remove the macros from the workbook, and do everything from your application. There's nothing
that
you can't do from outside Excel that a macro can do from inside Excel.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Matt Hartzell" <Matt wrote in message

I am a software developer trying to embed an Excel workbook into our
existing application. I am currently using the DSOFramer to do this. It
works well, except that our customized .xls files will contain macros. We
need the embedded workbook to be as seamless as possible, so I am trying to
figure out how to prevent the Enable/Disable Macros dialog box from opening
when I attempt to open an .xls file in the DSOFramer.

In short: How can I prevent the Enable/Disable Macros security box from
appearing in a programmatic manner? Can I access the Excel security settings
from .NET? Is there some other way to prevent this box from appearing?

I feel like I've tried everything. I've even tried starting a background
thread that only does SendKey.SendWait("{ENTER}") to simulate someone
pressing enter to accept the dialog. This had unsatisfactory results.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance