Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro security settings

Make the page of the workbook that will be active when the workbook is
opened a page with the message to set security settings to low. Then have
your workbook_Open macro make a more appropriate page the activepage. In
the beforeclose event, again make this the activepage and save the
workbook - the disadvantage here is that if the user is closing the workbook
and doesn't want to save because of a lot of mistakes, then you would be
saving anyway - so you might want to prompt the user for this specific
condition.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kelly" wrote in message
Hi all, I'm using the Office 2000 package.

Does anyone know of code that will prompt the user to
change their macro security settings to medium or low??

I have a spreadsheet for company use and if the user logs
in to a PC other then their own the security settings on
Excel macros automatically default to "high" when this
happens then of course my "Workbook-Activate" code will
not run and it won't even prompt the user??

Any ideas? I managed to get most of the PC's changed over
but like I say, if they log onto a PC they have not used
before then their settings for Excel are defaulted back
to "high".

Thanks

Kelly