Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default protect opening of worksheet

I've an excel file withe multiple sheets. I want to protect some of
them with a password to open it. Does someone have a script to arange
this.

(so when clicking on a password protected sheet a password question
should be prompted)

Thanks in advance.

Bernd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You mean so the user click on the tab of the sheet and before it is
activated, you get a password prompt?

If so, this would be difficult to implement

The actions are

User clicks tab
that sheet is activated
the deactivate event of the previous sheet fires
the activate event of the selected sheet fires

as you see, the sheet is exposed before any events.

I suspose you could immediately hide the sheet after it flashes into view
using the deactivate event (possibly at the workbook level).

Of course, this is easily defeated if the user disables macros.

Tom Ogilvy

oups.com...