Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default An objects properties?

How do you tell what are methods, properties, objects for an object
like "ActiveWorkbook"? I can look it up in the Object Browser and see
what it's "parent" is, but not what it's "children" are. Is there a
reference source that works like the OB in reverse?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the Object Browser, You should be able to find ActiveWorkbook in the left
column, then its children will be in the right column.

Tom Ogilvy

"davegb" wrote in message
ups.com...
How do you tell what are methods, properties, objects for an object
like "ActiveWorkbook"? I can look it up in the Object Browser and see
what it's "parent" is, but not what it's "children" are. Is there a
reference source that works like the OB in reverse?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
In the Object Browser, You should be able to find ActiveWorkbook in the left
column, then its children will be in the right column.

Tom Ogilvy

Thanks for your reply, Tom. In my OB, Activeworkbook is only in the
right window and the top window. It doesn't appear in the left window.
Don't recall ever seeing it there. The left window seems reserves for
high level objects. When I do a search for Activeworkbook, the OB
highlights "Application", the parent, in the left window.

Maybe you're using a newer version - I'm stuck here with Win2000 and
Office 2000.

"davegb" wrote in message
ups.com...
How do you tell what are methods, properties, objects for an object
like "ActiveWorkbook"? I can look it up in the Object Browser and see
what it's "parent" is, but not what it's "children" are. Is there a
reference source that works like the OB in reverse?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, I was too quick to answer. if you select Activeworkbook on the right,
at the bottom you see

ActiveWorkbook As Workbook

Workbook is a hyperlink and if you click on it, you get workbook in the left
window, selected and the properties in the right; think of it as
Workbook/ActiveWorkbook - so essentially what I said, but with addendum.

Tom Ogilvy

"davegb" wrote in message
ups.com...

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
In the Object Browser, You should be able to find ActiveWorkbook in the
left
column, then its children will be in the right column.

Tom Ogilvy

Thanks for your reply, Tom. In my OB, Activeworkbook is only in the
right window and the top window. It doesn't appear in the left window.
Don't recall ever seeing it there. The left window seems reserves for
high level objects. When I do a search for Activeworkbook, the OB
highlights "Application", the parent, in the left window.

Maybe you're using a newer version - I'm stuck here with Win2000 and
Office 2000.

"davegb" wrote in message
ups.com...
How do you tell what are methods, properties, objects for an object
like "ActiveWorkbook"? I can look it up in the Object Browser and see
what it's "parent" is, but not what it's "children" are. Is there a
reference source that works like the OB in reverse?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
No, I was too quick to answer. if you select Activeworkbook on the right,
at the bottom you see

ActiveWorkbook As Workbook

Workbook is a hyperlink and if you click on it, you get workbook in the left
window, selected and the properties in the right; think of it as
Workbook/ActiveWorkbook - so essentially what I said, but with addendum.

Tom Ogilvy

Never thought to try that. Thanks!

"davegb" wrote in message
ups.com...

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
In the Object Browser, You should be able to find ActiveWorkbook in the
left
column, then its children will be in the right column.

Tom Ogilvy

Thanks for your reply, Tom. In my OB, Activeworkbook is only in the
right window and the top window. It doesn't appear in the left window.
Don't recall ever seeing it there. The left window seems reserves for
high level objects. When I do a search for Activeworkbook, the OB
highlights "Application", the parent, in the left window.

Maybe you're using a newer version - I'm stuck here with Win2000 and
Office 2000.

ups.com...