Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel in winform freezes Excel

Sorry I can't. There is no readable email address.

"SvdSinner" wrote in message
We have a C# 1.1 winform application that displays excel spreadsheets by
opening them in a browser panel on the winform. This works as desired.
FWIW, we are using Office 2003 with all the needed updates.

However, when we do this, other instances of Excel that are being used
freeze until the browser panel is given the "back" command to leave the
spreadsheet. The freeze that we see is very similar to an application
that
is waiting for a modal dialog box to complete. The other instances of
Excel
will immediately begin functioning as soon as the "back" command is given
the browser panel.

Several users have expressed issues with not being able to use Excel while
it is open in out application, since they want to copy and paste between
various docs.

How can this problem be solved?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I sent it to you as a zip file and it returned saying "POSSIBLE VIRUS".

I will put it here
http://www.kjmsolutions.com/downloads/dsoframer.zip

Also, note added to zip file with a little bit of sample code and my phone
number if you need any consulting.