Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default basic VBA programming

dwight41;7002149 Wrote:
I am new to Excel and VBA. I am extremely interested in VBA. I bought
Excel
2003 power programming w/VBA. Is this an adiquate book to start
learning or
is it too far advanced?
--
New to Excel and/or VBA

Try this one by Curt Frye from Microsoft Press: Microsoft Excel 2003
Step by Step, it comes with a companion CD ROM and is well set out with
easy to understand examples!

Regards,
Simon

--
Simon Lloyd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the help. Let me ask one more question. Is this hole VBA thing
something that is not very organized in learning. That a lot of it is "on the
fly" learning through trial and error?
--
New to Excel and/or VBA

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

dwight41;7002149 Wrote:
I am new to Excel and VBA. I am extremely interested in VBA. I bought
Excel
2003 power programming w/VBA. Is this an adiquate book to start
learning or
is it too far advanced?
--
New to Excel and/or VBA

Try this one by Curt Frye from Microsoft Press: Microsoft Excel 2003
Step by Step, it comes with a companion CD ROM and is well set out with
easy to understand examples!

Regards,
Simon

--
Simon Lloyd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think that it's pretty much organized the same way you are. If you find that
you learn better by trial and error, then you can approach it that way.

If you want something more structured, you can get a book that is more
structured and follow that.

You may even want to look at your local community college. There may be excel
classes (advanced???) that teach VBA programming. But then you'll be as
organized as that instructor <bg.

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

dwight41;7002149 Wrote:
I am new to Excel and VBA. I am extremely interested in VBA. I bought
Excel
2003 power programming w/VBA. Is this an adiquate book to start
learning or
is it too far advanced?
--
New to Excel and/or VBA

Try this one by Curt Frye from Microsoft Press: Microsoft Excel 2003
Step by Step, it comes with a companion CD ROM and is well set out with
easy to understand examples!

Regards,
Simon

--
Simon Lloyd

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the input. I have a good book I believe, I'll just keep pecking
away at it and hope that it makes since. I guess I am hoping that there would
be an " A,B,C" to it all.
--
New to Excel and/or VBA

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

dwight41;7002149 Wrote:
I am new to Excel and VBA. I am extremely interested in VBA. I bought
Excel
2003 power programming w/VBA. Is this an adiquate book to start
learning or
is it too far advanced?
--
New to Excel and/or VBA

Try this one by Curt Frye from Microsoft Press: Microsoft Excel 2003
Step by Step, it comes with a companion CD ROM and is well set out with
easy to understand examples!

Regards,
Simon

--
Simon Lloyd

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My advice would be to study the section in your book called Excel in a
Nutshell, follow it carefully practicing each of the methods,
understanding collections and objects and how they are associated with
each other is a must!

Other than that record a few macro's then study them with the help of
the book break them apart, change them and rebuild to produce a
different outcome!

Above all have fun.

Regards,
SImon